Exception During A Call To CheckoutFlow.EditOrderRow

Good day,

We currently have some problems in our Cart. Apparently, some calls to CheckoutFlow are returning some exceptions which occurred yesterday at around 10:51am Swedish time.
We currently have no clue as to why these exceptions are happening since we didn’t have any changes or deployments that are related to the cart or checkout.

Exceptions are:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I am currently investigating this problem as well but any of you here have an idea what might have caused this issue? I could not replicate it in my local environment so could be something that has been added to the Litium back office related to the checkout i.e. campaigns or pages?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
John

Litium version: 7.6.1

Hi, was it one time issue or is it still happening?

Hi,

Thanks for the response. Apparently the issue started to show when we added Target Groups in our back office. When we removed it, the error did not happen anymore.

Do you have an idea why it occurred? We would like to use the Target Groups feature but could not as of the moment because of this.

No, I could not find any bug reported about this issue. How do you configure your TargetGroup? Are you using the MVC accelerator or own store front?

I’m not really sure what you meant but we just added a new Target Group here

Then the error started to show.
We have removed the target groups since this is causing us the cart problems

I wonder which condition/s you have in the target group?

If I remember it correctly, my colleague added an empty filter as they were trying to add a page filter however the page they intended was an external page and not in Litium.

It took me a while to figure out what was causing it.

The target should have a filter on it to avoid this exception?

Yes it has to have a filter otherwise it will not work correctly. The error you are getting is probably because of the missing condition.

Thanks for this information. We will test this out

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.