Is it Possible to get all Product with TextOption field or MediaPointerFile have any values?

How to get all Product with a specific TextOption field or MediaPointerFile field having any values using search Query(using lucene)?
I need to list down all product with document and TextOption values as table.
Some thing like this,
Product Name | File _____ | TextOption value1 | TextOption value2
Product1 _____ | filename__ | Yes ____________ | No
product2 _____ | filename __ | No ____________ | Yes

Litium(7.6.1)

I think you should be able to use a basic search, something like this (Make sure your field is added to the index, CanBeGridFilter)

var searchRequest = new QueryRequest(_languageService.Get(CultureInfo.CurrentCulture).SystemId, ProductCatalogSearchDomains.Products, Solution.Instance.SystemToken)
            {
                Paging = new Paging(pageIndex, 100000)
            };
            searchRequest.FilterTags.Add(new Tag("TextOptionId".GetFieldDefinitionForProducts().GetTagName("Add culture info, if needed"), "ValueYouAreSearchingFor"));
            searchRequest.FilterTags.Add(new Tag(TagNames.ChannelSystemId, channel.SystemId));
            searchRequest.Sortings.Add(new Sorting(TagNames.ArticleNumber, SortDirection.Descending, SortingFieldType.String));

var response = Solution.Instance.SearchService.Search(searchRequest);

Hi @Ericsj11
I Don’t want to search for a specific value, I just want to get all product that have any value specified in TextOption field or MediaPointerFile field of base product .

Aha, sorry don’t know about that. It’s possible with dataservice, but that calls the database so it’s not good to use for customers.

You could add a true/false value in the index with the IIndexingProviderPreProcessor by checking those values in PreProcessDocument. And then search the true/false value.
It might not be the best solution if “any” searches exists, but it’s a valid solution :sweat_smile:

It’s not possible to search for any value, and Lucene doesn’t index null values. So you would have to do something like Eric suggests: use a dummy value that you index if no value is set and then you can do a search excluding all results with the dummy value.

The other option is DataService which supports many different operators, but you need to build a cache if the query is accessible from the public site to avoid performance issues.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.