Product pointer block pick variant

Hello,

I need to show separate variants of the same base product in a product block. However the product pointer only allows me to point to base products, which means the variant currently at the top of the variant list is chosen. Consequently, I cannot display variants of the same base product at the same time.

Is there a setting for this that I cannot find, or do I have to add a new pointer type which can handle variants?

Litium version: 7

Unfortunately, Pointer does not support Variant at the moment. You will need to create a custom field type for that, or create a feature request then the product team will investigate and probably will implement it.

If you create a simple list and use it as a product set for the block, you could show different variants from the same base product. Variants can be grouped though in the accelerator, so it is a bit dependent on what the distinguishing property is.

This is from the demo, using 4 different variants from the same base product:

Hi! I’ve checked the change log and haven’t seen a fix for this. Is this still the case and if so, have you got any plans on implementing a fix for it? A customer is having the same request.

Did you make a feature request? You could add it at https://ideas.litium.com

1 Like