The decision to leave out ajax page loading in 7?

Hi, I’m just starting to play around with the new accelerator and from my first quick look at it ( I can be wrong ) you seem to have opted for full page reloads in this accelerator instead of the ajax page loads in 6.2? Is this correct?

You (The Litium-team) probably live an breath webshops every day so before I reintroduce it just because I’m used to it, I’m curious about the reasoning for leaving it out, is it just to make the base accelerator less complicated or is it a statement that you don’t think it the way to go in 2018?

Thanks!

Litium version: 7

If we look at the Accelerator we have in version 6 the ajax loading is implemented in the left menu for category navigation and product filtering (and the same for mobile design) where we was load the full page with ajax and injected some defined element and also updated the url in the address bar. When we was loading the content we also scroll the page to top and fade the content into the view.

In Litium 7 we have the ajax loading on the product filtering but not on the category navigation. We did not either implement the fading functionality, but it should be easy to implement in the project. The reason is to keep the accelerator out-of-the-box code less complicated.

If you find any functionality that you think should be there from the start, please notify us about that and we will consider if we should include that functionality in a future release.