Horizontal block in admin?

Hi, how can I configure the block layout in the admin? I want to layout a few blocks horizontaly and others vertically, is this possible?

if this is not possible, a super quick fix would be to add page-type class to the main wrapper and the block name class to the block wrapper so I can lay it out using css.

Litium version: 7

1 Like

There is no built-in functionality of configuring the block layout in the back office. Block layout should be done in HTML and CSS, depending on each implementation’s requirement.

If you want to have the same block template, to behave different on different page, you can add a property to the block template, let’s call it bool VerticalLayout. Then in the Razor view of the Block, check the property value and set the appropriate CSS class name for the block to style it

It would be much more user-friendly to allow for a horizontal drag n drop builder in the admin. Please consider adding the wrapper classes in the admin area to allow for this customization. Not many people will use it for sure, but it is only two extra classes for Angular to handle and will allow for deeper customization;)

The reason for this is that some layout simply cant be done using repeating fields in a vertical container, so without allowing the floating if the drag and drop zones, to place blocks horizontally, one simply cant get a realistic preview of the page in block mode

The real output is fine, but the user needs to exit the block view to get a feeling for the layout.

1 Like