How to update DraftBlockFieldData?

I am trying to update a Block’s field value from an API Controller. I have succeded to update the production data (Blocks.BlockFieldData-table) but the changes are not visible in Backoffice. I understand Backoffice is working with Blocks.DraftBlockFieldData-table and data is copied to Blocks.BlockFieldData-table at publish.

Q: How do I update the DraftBlockFieldData?

According to this answer, the equivalent problem for DraftPageFieldData is soloved with implementing IReadOnly on the MultifieldItem object. I did try this, but without success. Not sure if my implementation is enough.

Function:

protected override void ProcessBlock(BlockStyle item)
{
    var block = _blockService.Get(item.Id).MakeWritableClone();
    var styleList = new List<MultiFieldItem>();
    var multiFieldItem = new MultiFieldItem();

multiFieldItem.Fields.AddOrUpdateValue(CustomBlockFieldNameConstants.StartColumnX, "*", item.XStart);
    multiFieldItem.Fields.AddOrUpdateValue(CustomBlockFieldNameConstants.EndColumnX, "*", item.XEnd);

styleList.Add(multiFieldItem);
    block.Fields.AddOrUpdateValue(CustomBlockFieldNameConstants.StyleXLarge, "*", styleList);

using (Solution.Instance.SystemToken.Use())
    {
        _blockService.Update(block);
    }
}

Object equivalent to CustomBlockFieldNameConstants.StyleXLarge:

public class BlockStyle: IAutoMapperConfiguration, IViewModel, IReadOnly
{
    public string StartColumnX { get; set; }
    public string EndColumnX { get; set; }

public bool IsReadOnly => false;

public void MakeReadOnly()
    { }

public object MakeWritableClone()
    {
        return null;
    }

[UsedImplicitly]
    void IAutoMapperConfiguration.Configure(IMapperConfigurationExpression cfg)
    {
        cfg.CreateMap<MultiFieldItem, BlockStyle>()
            .ForMember(x => x.StartColumnX,
                m => m.MapFrom(c => c.Fields.GetValue<string>(CustomBlockFieldNameConstants.StartColumnX)))
            .ForMember(x => x.EndColumnX,
                m => m.MapFrom(c => c.Fields.GetValue<string>(CustomBlockFieldNameConstants.EndColumnX)));
    }
}

Litium version: 7.3.1-patch-1911150957

To update draft data, you should use DraftBlockService instead, to get a DraftBlock and again use that service to update the DraftBlock.

If you are uncertain about the IReadOnly implementation, I would suggest to try updating the built-in field type, short text for example, to make sure you use the right service to update draft data. Then when it works, try with your custom field.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.