Issues with Database after upgrading Litium from 8.0.0 to 8.2.2

Hi everyone,

I recently upgraded a project from 8.0.0 to 8.2.2 for the first time. Everything so far has been going fine. But now when i try to start the project i run into the following error:

An error occurred while starting the application.
AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. (Database is upgraded to a later version than the current solution, please update your solution to atleast 8.0.0 version of Litium.)
System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAllCore(Task[] tasks, int millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

Exception: Database is upgraded to a later version than the current solution, please update your solution to atleast 8.0.0 version of Litium.
Litium.Application.Runtime.DatabaseVersions.DatabaseMigrationValidator..ctor(IServiceScopeFactory serviceScopeFactory)

AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. (Database is upgraded to a later version than the current solution, please update your solution to atleast 8.0.0 version of Litium.)
System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAllCore(Task[] tasks, int millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
Litium.Application.Runtime.ApplicationStartupEngine.Init()
Litium.Web.Runtime.Bootstrap+<>c__DisplayClass7_0.<Configure>b__0(IApplicationBuilder x)
Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Filters.MiddlewareFilterBuilderStartupFilter+<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<Configure>g__MiddlewareFilterBuilder|0(IApplicationBuilder builder)
Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.IIS.Core.IISServerSetupFilter+<>c__DisplayClass2_0.<Configure>b__0(IApplicationBuilder app)
Microsoft.AspNetCore.HostFilteringStartupFilter+<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<Configure>b__0(IApplicationBuilder app)
Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.GenericWebHostService.StartAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.Internal.Host.StartAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.HostingAbstractionsHostExtensions.RunAsync(IHost host, CancellationToken token)
Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.HostingAbstractionsHostExtensions.RunAsync(IHost host, CancellationToken token)
Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.HostingAbstractionsHostExtensions.Run(IHost host)
Litium.Accelerator.Mvc.Program.Main(string[] args) in Program.cs
+
                CreateHostBuilder(args).Build().Run();

Is there a step that in the upgrade process that i’m missing? It seems weird to me that it says that the database is of a later version, if anything it should be the other way around. Do i need to adjust something in the database going from 8.0.0 to 8.2.2 or is there something i’ve missed adjusting in the project itself?

Thank you in advance!

Litium version: 8.2.2

Did you run the steps detailed here?

If you run the database update command and still get errors, try and reinstall the tool using the instructions on the same page.

1 Like

I did it shortly after posting here and it worked. Perhaps the error message should be the other way around.

Thank you Nils!

This is tracked by Bug Details (litium.com)

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.