Problems adding new website

Hi

I’m having some problems adding a new website. I’ve already deployed one B2C site on this server, let’s say mysite.com/sv. Now I try to create another language, so I create mysite.com/en.
What happens is a new site is created but completely empty. I have to add a start page etc. Is that supposed to happen? I thought it would generate some things for me?

Anyway, so I start adding pages, like a start page, start page contents, settings page, and then when I come to adding a WebsiteSettings page to the settingspage it just hits me with the following:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at LitiumStudio_CMS_PagesCreate1.InitPageTemplates() in C:\SysData\vsts-agent4_work\1\s\Src\Web\Litium\CMS\PagesCreate1.aspx.cs:line 374
at LitiumStudio_CMS_PagesCreate1.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\SysData\vsts-agent4_work\1\s\Src\Web\Litium\CMS\PagesCreate1.aspx.cs:line 190
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

So a bit hard to get this new website up and running.

Then I thought, let’s try to go to Settings > Deployment and deploy a new Accelerator for B2C. I create it and then edit the things such as assortment and the new things it created that I don’t need. Some things (including website settings) are generated ok. But I can’t visit the new website, it just times out. I don’t see any error in the log for this.

Do you have any idea what’s happening? I’ve tried reindexing websites and I’ve restarted the website in IIS.

Litium version: 6.1.1

It seems like the deployed website can suddenly be visited. So at least that works…

So this post is all clear?

Hi

Well I can properly deploy new websites by installing the accelerator every time. But the above error remains when creating a new website and trying to add the required pages myself.
I’m likely not going to use the create new website functionality as it doesn’t work, so there’s no problem for me atm, but it would be interesting to know what’s on lin 374 of PagesCreate1.aspx.cs…

On the row 374 in the latest 6.x version (it’s probably the same in your version) we have this line m_pageState.PageType.DefaultTemplate.IsValidForWebSite(webSiteId) so probably the page type does not have a default template set.

You can also create a new empty website and copy the root-page from another website with all the child’s into the new website.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.