Sitemap settings and behavior

We accidentally had “ShowInSitemap” set to true on a couple of “data”-pagetypes. I’ve now changed the definitions and made sure “Overwrite=true” was set. It seem to work, and the page types have changed. The issue is:

1. All the pages already created still have show in sitemap set to true. This seems pretty common when changing page types, that it only affects new pages created. Maybe we can run a SQL command to change this, because we have quite a lot of those pages?

2. I manually went to a page and changed “Display in sitemap” to false and saved. But the page is still rendered in the sitemap. Is there a task I can run to update the sitemap (if this is a cache issue?)

Litium version: 6.2.0

I think you can re-generate the sitemap via the scheduled task Litium.Foundation.Modules.CMS.SiteMaps.SiteMapScheduler.

I don’t know how many pages it is that have wrong data, either doing a database update or going through the pages one by one is the option.

You can either run the scheduled task that @niklas.uhlin suggested or you can go to the /sitemap.axd?Refresh=True that also will regenerate the sitemap.