Adyen dropin widget

Hi,

I am trying to make Adyen Dropin to work. It works fine with e.g. Klarna and Card Payments but not with Paypal. The difference seems to be Paypal trying to do some extra action in the same front (in Litium without redirect to any 3rd part page) but it fails with the bellow error:

Paypal.tsx:66 Uncaught TypeError: this.resolve is not a function
at t.updateWithAction (Paypal.tsx:66)
at t.handleAction (Dropin.tsx:82)
at AdyenDropinWidget.componentDidUpdate (AdyenDropinWidget.js:71)
at commitLifeCycles (react-dom.development.js:15961)
at commitAllLifeCycles (react-dom.development.js:17246)
at HTMLUnknownElement.callCallback (react-dom.development.js:149)
at Object.invokeGuardedCallbackDev (react-dom.development.js:199)
at invokeGuardedCallback (react-dom.development.js:256)
at commitRoot (react-dom.development.js:17442)
at completeRoot (react-dom.development.js:18898)

Is this something that we cause or is it something else? It seems to be something wrong in the ts paypal is running? Any idea?

Thanks in advance!

Litium version: [7.4.2]

Feels like client side issue, maybe some js code missing?

double checked no files or changes are missing (what I can see). The error is coming from Paypal.tsx.

Ok we have checked and there seems to be an issue with Adyens js client and we have raised a ticket with them. I let you know when status changes.

1 Like

Thank you Steve!

Are you by any chance trying to use a custom Pay button for PayPal in Drop-in instead of rendering the PayPal button?

not consciously, it is the same button as for the other method (klarna, kort etc). should other button be rendered? :thinking:

No ok, it was a question from Adyen side.

To clarify the steps:
1- visit checkout
2- dropin rendered
3- choose paypal
4- click “Bekräfta”
5- User gets redirected to the checkout for some additional step but here nothing will be rendered since paypal fails.

Set the showPayButton to True then PayPals own button will be visible to be able to make a purchase and hide Accelerators Buy button.

1 Like

I changed it and it seems now to work, but a new problem…
I get this error when I initiate a payment: Error: Expected intent from order api call to be capture, got authorize. Please ensure you are passing intent=authorize to the sdk url. (Note that this happens only for Paypal)

I can’t really find where we can change this, I see in AdyenPaymentConfig.AdyenWidget.GetWidget that on ExecutePaymentArgs we pass PaymentMode.Reserve but that is for all payment method (
the whole widget) but here we need to specify this for only paypal. am I looking at right thing? how do I fix this?

Paypal was not on the agenda when we created this AddOn widget.
There seems to be some missing configuration and other issues on the Paypal side that are not resolved yet.
I recommend you to disregard Paypal for now until we are sure it is running on our AddOn widget.
If you want to read about there api you can do it here.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.