Build a panel as external library

How can I build a custom panel that can be packaged as a nuget reference?
The ideal situation would be to install the nuget package, run solution, and the panel is visible in BO.

Litium version: 8.*

If you check the document on how to create a panel, you will see that we need code in both Front-end and Back-end. Also we need to update extensions.ts file to register the component, which I think is quite tricky to do it automatically when installing a Nuget package.

We don’t have any example of building a Nuget package for custom panel unfortunately.

Alright, thanks for the reply.

Do you have any plans on making BO more extendible so that a developer can create panels that can be reused over many projects?

If you check two projects in Accelerator, Litium.Accelerator.Administration.Extensionsand Litium.Accelerator.Administration.Deployment, they are two extensions projects which create pages in Settings page. The approach is quite similar to how to create custom panel. You can also check the guideline of creating custom setting page here.

There are different ways of extending the system and they are supposed to be reusable. However, Angular code needs to be built with the correct version the Back-office is using. If you ship a pre-built version of Angular module/components which does not match the version the system is using, it will not work.

Ok thanks Ton. I will have a look and try it out!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.