Google Analytics extended e-commerce tracking

We are currently setting up Google Analytics (GA) tracking via Litium Backoffice and we are using the “Google Tag Manager” method.

Basic tracking works well and data is sent to GA. We have also enabled e-commerce tracking, in both GA and GTM using the “data layer” method. However, we cannot see any e-commerce data being sent to GA from Litium.

Do we need to do any additional configuration or programming in the solution or should we expect e-commerce tracking to work out-of-the-box?

Litium version: [6]

There are some additional steps to config GA for Ecommerce. Did you follow this document https://docs.litium.com/documentation/previous-versions/litium-6/litium-documentation/websites/set-up-google-analytics ?

Thank you Ton!

No, we have not added those lines of code. We’ll get on it and see how it works out. Let’s keep the thread open until I can confirm everything is working :slight_smile:

Litium is:

You can add Google Analytics Enhanced ECommerce tracking in the solution for the customer, but it is nothing that is inbuilt in default packages.

Note: This is for the current Litium versions at todays date. This can be changed in future but nothing is decided.

The web-controls that you can add is used only if you are using ASP.NET WebForms as the rendering, if you using ASP.NET MVC the scripts are generated from Litium.Web.TrackingScriptService-service.

1 Like

Hey!

Isn’t filling in the data in the back office sufficient enough to activate the Google Analytics?
Is there anything that needed to be added in the code? TrackingScriptService generates scripts in the header, body and footer, so should something be set up in the BO?

Yes, to activate Google Analytics it is the only thing you are needing. That is not including Enhanced ecommerce tracking so if you want that you need to build that in the solution.

Hi everyone!

Thanks for your input. I’ve been testing out a configuration for a few days, using the Basic ecommerce tracking only.

The site tracking, is still working properly, but I am still not getting any sales data into GA…

Are there any further documentation available for setting up Google Analytics ecommerce tracking through Google Tag Manager in Litium v6?

I really need your help to get this one solved :slight_smile:

/micke

Have you configure Google Tag Manager to include the ecommerce tracking?

Hey Patric!

Yes, I believe so :slight_smile: But I do lack some sort of reference documentation for this. Are you able to provide me with a guide on how to set it up properly?

Br Micke

Maybe this guide can help you https://blog.littledata.io/2016/11/10/set-up-ecommerce-tracking-with-google-tag-manager/