Handling of bundles that contains bundles?

Hi,

A customer is currently building bundles in their PIM (Inriver) in a structure where bundles may contain other bundles (and/or other articles).

I tried creating a multi-level bundle in BO but got a Validation error and the following error log so I am assuming that it is not supported:

Validation error for Variant(SystemId: 7c8db222-db84-4c6e-b50e-1e37629d8613, Id: 637504706367497707-13235034_M), BundleItems: 'Produkten '637504706367497707-03629055' innehåller paketartiklar och kan därför inte själv ingå i ett paket.'.

Litium.Validations.ValidationException: Validation error for Variant(SystemId: 7c8db222-db84-4c6e-b50e-1e37629d8613, Id: 637504706367497707-13235034_M), BundleItems: 'Produkten '637504706367497707-03629055' innehåller paketartiklar och kan därför inte själv ingå i ett paket.'.
   vid Litium.Validations.ValidationServiceExtensions.ThrowExceptionIfError[T](ValidationService service, T entity, ValidationMode validationMode)
   vid Litium.Application.Data.Batching.BatchDataImpl.Execute[T](T entity, ValidationMode validationMode)
   vid Litium.Web.Administration.WebApi.Products.Controllers.ProductsController.Put(Guid systemId, ProductModel model, String tab)
   vid lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )
   vid System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass6_2.<GetExecutor>b__2(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)
   vid System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ExecuteAsync(HttpControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 arguments, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

Is there a way to handle this in Litium, or would it be best to flatten the bundles before importing to Litium? Any other ideas on how to do this would be appreciated!

I’d also like to make sure that there is no limitations on how we can create/update bundles through code, or if there is anything specific that we need to consider when doing so?

Litium version: 7.6.1

No multi level bundles are not supported in Litium. Flatten them you could do or could you use ProductList and add all the bundles to it for your scenario?

Seems like flattening the bundles in the import would be our best solution then. Not sure if I follow on the product list approach though, could you elaborate what you mean?

Felix

I was thinking that you create child bundles separately and and add their head variant or baseproduct to a ProductList as the main bundle but not sure if this would be an ideal scenario to handle, just an idea!

Hi,

Not sure if that would work for us, but thank you for your input!

We’ll use flattened bundles as our main suggestion to the customer, hopefully that will be enough to solve the issue.

Thanks again,
Felix

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.