Multiple channels with same language and country

Any suggestions how to handle multiple channels with same country and language in a litium solution?
We have a couple of websites in the solution that share most information but need some parts of the site to be specific for that channel. Litium and Litium accelerator doesnt look like it have any good support for this since it is only possible to have different content in same channel if you have different cultures.

Yes you can have different blocks för different channels but the footer and all the settings in website foother, navigationsettings, checkoutpage are essentially shared for all channels since they are only culture specific.

Except for going back to the old ways of working with websites or rewriting the accelerator are the any suggested way of solving this? Maybe i have missunderstod the setup or i am not thinking of a simple solution to this?

Litium version: 7.3

You can add fields to the channels and markets that you use for these differences, you will need to adjust parts of the accelerator to get data from current channel instead of current website.

Yes that is the altenative I have been thinking about but there are quite few field that need to be multiplied by amount of channels and you need to add new field for every new channel. The accelerator need to be changed to handle this but im also afarid that the CMS will be klutterd with channel specific pages and unfortunetely Litium has no support to only display pages connected to a specific channel in the tree list.

For above reasons i dont think that adding channel specific fields is a solution i want to suggest to a customer.

you need to add new field for every new channel

Not sure I understand when there need to be more fields on the channel/market than you currently have on the website? If you add a field on the channel then you would get to add a value for that field for each channel you create, in which scenario do you need to add a new field for every new channel?

unfortunetely Litium has no support to only display pages connected to a specific channel in the tree list

I like your idea of having a filter on the treeview to display content for a specific channel only, you should submit it to https://ideas.litium.com/

If there are that much difference between your channels you could also create different websites and move the content that that is shared between these into global blocks.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.