Obsolete tables in the database

Hi,

I’m working on an updated version of litium and often when trying to figure something out using the database it’s hard finding the correct tables because deprecated tables(?) are not being removed.

For example:

In this particular example the data is still present in the [dbo].[CMS_UrlRedirects]-table but, as far as I can see it’s not being used and the data was migrated in some upgrade to the other table.

Would it be possible to “clean” the database and remove all old tables including data?

Litium version: 7.7.2

1 Like

I also find myself lost in unused tables from time to time, so if you add that to https://ideas.litium.com/ I would vote for it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The reason the tables are left in the database if some of the migrations need to be executed again to correct bad transformed data.

Do you have a suggestion about how long time (count of major versions) we should wait until we remove old tables?

I understand!

Perhaps there could be an opt in/out to keep old tables? Or some kind of documentation that “these tables can be removed/truncated if your solution no longer needs them”. :slight_smile:

In our solution both the amount of data and the complexity of finding the correct data is a problem.

Best,
Mårten

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.