Scheduled Tasks

Hey guys!
I’m trying to get a scheduled task to work. All I want it to do is basically log something or print to console once a minute.

I declare the following in the web.config file:
<scheduledTask type="Litium.Accelerator.Services.MarketplaceIntegrationService, Litium.Accelerator" startTime="17:00" interval="1m" />

I have created a corresponding class called MarketplaceIntegrationService. The scheduled task is created and in the eventlog can be seen:
Register scheduled task to start 2019-09-09 17:00:00 with interval 00:01:00. Type: Litium.Accelerator.Services.MarketplaceIntegrationService, Litium.Accelerator

However, right next to it is an error as follows:
GenericArguments[0], 'Litium.Accelerator.Services.MarketplaceIntegrationService', on 'Litium.Foundation.Tasks.ScheduledTaskManager+TaskExecutionContext1[T]’ violates the constraint of type ‘T’.System.ArgumentException: GenericArguments[0], 'Litium.Accelerator.Services.MarketplaceIntegrationService', on 'Litium.Foundation.Tasks.ScheduledTaskManager+TaskExecutionContext1[T]’ violates the constraint of type ‘T’. —> System.TypeLoadException: GenericArguments[0], ‘Litium.Accelerator.Services.MarketplaceIntegrationService’, on ‘Litium.Foundation.Tasks.ScheduledTaskManager+TaskExecutionContext`1[T]’ violates the constraint of type parameter ‘T’.
at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.Instantiate(RuntimeTypeHandle handle, IntPtr* pInst, Int32 numGenericArgs, ObjectHandleOnStack type)
at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.Instantiate(Type[] inst)
at System.RuntimeType.MakeGenericType(Type[] instantiation)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.RuntimeType.ValidateGenericArguments(MemberInfo definition, RuntimeType[] genericArguments, Exception e)
at System.RuntimeType.MakeGenericType(Type[] instantiation)
at Litium.Foundation.Tasks.ScheduledTaskManager.RegisterScheduledTask(Type type, TimeSpan dueTime, TimeSpan interval, String parameters)

How can I get rid of this error and how do I go about doing somethin useful with said class? Some interface/class to be implemented/inherited? Any help would be appreciated.
Litium version: 7.2.3

Does MarketplaceIntegrationService implement the interface Litium.Foundation.Tasks.ITask?

Thank you very much! That was in fact what was lacking.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.