Search hits relevance

Hey,

I am getting search hits from a search query where the search text is “sol” where the most revelant hit has nothing to do with the search text.
The search query is using 4 filter tags for the body:

1. textClause.Tags.Add(new Tag(Litium.Foundation.Search.Constants.TagNames.Body, term) { AllowFuzzy = true });
  2. textClause.Tags.Add(new Tag(Litium.Foundation.Search.Constants.TagNames.Body, term + “*”));
  3. textClause.Tags.Add(new Tag(Litium.Foundation.Search.Constants.TagNames.Body, “*” + term));
  4. textClause.Tags.Add(new Tag(Litium.Foundation.Search.Constants.TagNames.Body, term));

The first hit with the highest relevance does not contain the text “sol” in any way as I see it so I wonder how and why it is in the search hits? Are there any hidden parameters the relevance calculator is considering except the ones I can see in the back office?

The other hits contain “sol” and should be more relevant than “The Line X Skultuna Bead Vases” product.

Nothing containing “sol” can be found here (except Los backwards) or in the back office where more properties exist not shown in the site.

Litium version: 6.2.2

Filter tags are not used for the calculation of the search result score, you need to add them ass QueryTags instead. Search in the field Body contains information from all other fields even if they not are visible on the public site, if you only want to search in some of the fields you need to explicit build the search query and only contain that fields.

The tags are added to the QueryTags like shown in the picture below. Isn’t that the same?

The request-object have both the QueryTags and the FilterTags. The QueryTags are used for score calculations and the FilterTags are not.

From your initial post sounds that you was adding them as FilterTags instead of QueryTags.