[SSL] Issue, not being able to move forward because of SSL

Hey guys.

I am, and have been, working with a Litium 8 project for a while now and I’ve had the dealing with the issues I got ever since I started.

My previous post: SSL

Old coworkers post: Older SSL

Here is my problem =>

• I cannot access the project on any browser other than Firefox.
  • I cannot install a new app.
  • I cannot add app specific settings, such as the json file needed for the app.

I’ve been dealing with these issues back and forth before. I have redone everything from scratch, following all the steps from my previous post, just to see if that would do it but it didn’t.

The issue is specifically in regards to SSL.

I was still able to work and do what I needed to do before because everything was installed and I could reach places that I needed to reach in order to develop. I was able to do what I needed to do last month, this month, starting this monday, it just didn’t work.

The SSL issues started to get in the way of me being able to develop stuff and actually reach the apps that we use in the project itself.

Any tips on what I can do?

Anything would help at this point.

Regards,
Karwan.

Hi, are you sure that it is SSL issue or your host.docker.internal has another ip than 198.168.65.2. See Problems installing direct payment app locally - #16 by samuel

I have been looking all over the forum as well as speaking to many coworkers about this. Unfortunately it doesn’t work for me.

When I configured the whole project to run locally without the IIS it would still give me problems. So whilst I was quite suspicious of the network before I’m not not.

Have you tried this solution?

Basically, remove dnsresolver and anything related to dns in docker-compose.yaml, change urls to use https://host.docker.internal:<port>, and then in your “hosts” file, make sure you have 127.0.0.1 host.docker.internal. I’m pretty sure you should only have one host.docker.internal entry in the hosts file, and it should point to 127.0.0.1.

The only issue I got when using this solution was that the site refused to connect. Killing the vpnkit.exe process fixed that, running this command in CMD:

tasklist | findstr vpnkit.exe

Could you have multiple dev certs named the same thing? I.e. Dev CA. Don’t know if this could cause some ambiguity. Maybe worth to cleanup if that’s the case :slight_smile:

Nope, I checked many times.

Thanks I tried this but still doesn’t get me around my problem.

I feel like I’ve tried many variations of everything. I hope Litium doesn’t let this stay in the local environment for us developer because I genuinely cannot do anything at this point.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.