Adyen payment app and notifications

I’m trying to figure out how to handle notifications that we get from Adyen when using Litiums Adyen payment app. Both for our test server and also for a local development environment. For a local dev environment it’s trickier I know, so let’s start with getting it to work for the test server.

Communication from the app to Adyen seems to work. Payments are created in Adyen. But orders get stuck in Initiated state, the payment doesn’t become authorized in Litium (has status Adyen Attention
Authorizing). It has status Authorized in Adyen though.

Looking at the Adyen documentation payment status notifications is sent via a webhook. I’m guessing that the webhook should talk to an endpoint for the Litium Adyen payment app. Or?
In the Litium documentation it’s not clear though if the app sets up the subscription to a webhook or if we need to set up a webhook manually in Adyen. I’m guessing the latter.

I’ve tried to set one up but it’s not clear what values to set it up with. What should the url for the endpoint be? What method to use? What credentials for authentication to use, if needed?

I’ve tried with the app url (https://xxx-adyen-payment.litium.app), method JSON and without authentication (since I have no idea what to put in there). The result I get in Adyen when it’s trying to talk to the endpoint is this.

HTTP response code: 404 Not found
Status: FAILED The required string “[accepted]” is not in the result.

Anyone who has done this setup and can give me some pointers what I’m doing wrong?

Litium version: 8.10.0

I have notified the responsible that we missing this documentation so it can be added about how to configure the notification back from Adyen.

Regarding communication, you need to use a tool like ngrok to get an external domain name into your computer and using that for the payment app during development and local testing.

Looking forward to some documentation. :+1:

I’ve looked into ngrok for my local dev environment but since I don’t know what the endpoint should be I didn’t get that far. The plan is to use it when I know how to set it up.

The Adyen payment app documentation is now updated with instructions on how to setup the webhook in the Adyen Customer Area.

1 Like

I can’t find the capture delay in Adyen Customer Area, where can I find this?
In regard to “Adyen’s AutoCapture feature is not supported by the Adyen app. Please set the Capture delay to Manual in the Adyen Customer Area.”

Found it. It’s under Settings / Account settings (Merchant settings) / General.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.