Elasticsearch on an external server

Hello,

I am having some problems setting up a shared docker container for our local projects.
We have a shared server where we’ve setup the docker container, using the docker-compose.yaml-file from the education repo.

Now, I point the connection string to the correct address, and it’s working. However, I’m having some problems with the synonyms address, that you set for Litium:Elasticsearch:Synonym:Host. What should I actually put here, as I don’t have the docker container on my local machine?

Litium version: 7.7.1

I kinda understand what’s going on now. The Litium:Elasticsearch:Synonym:Host should point to the Litium site, which is then called from the docker container. That means that the external (LAN) server should be able to access my local site.

Does anyone have a solution for this in a shared project, i.e. a project with more than one person? It doesn’t feel like a good solution to change the Litium:Elasticsearch:Synonym:Host value for each person.

Could you set up a shared Litium installation to act as the “manager” of the synonyms? I’m guessing you don’t require unique synonyms per local installation.

This could’ve worked, except that I would need a license on the “manager” installation, as I have to access the site by its local IP (192.168…)

Edit:
Nvm, the docker container is on the same machine, therefore it would work by setting the elasticsearch connection string, and keep the synonyms host as “http://host.docker.internal:8050

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.