Nesting MultiField lists in a MultiField list

I’m fairly new to Litium, so I need some guidance.

Our client wants to show attributes of the product in tables, grouped on different areas. (Like what Komplett has, for instance: https://www.komplett.no/product/1152598/hjem-fritid/stoevsugere/xiaomi-roborock-s5-max-robotstoevsuger#technical-details)

So I had this idea of creating a multi-field array with a text field for the title and another multi-field array for key-value pairs of the tables’ content. But it seems this doesn’t work in Litium. Or at least not how I’m using it.

So my question is: Have you implemented something like these tables, and how did you/your team do this? It is also important for our client that importing products from their old PIM to the Litium PIM is as easy as possible. They are now working with a huge excel sheet which they want to use when importing in Litium backoffice.

Litium version: 7.4.2 with the accelerator

Unfortunately you cannot nest MultiFields.

How many tables do you think will be on the page? You could create one fieldgroup per table that only has a single array-multifield with your key-value pairs. You could add 10 of these groups and only show the tables that has data on the page.

Another option if you want a dynamic number of tables could be to implement your own field type

1 Like

As mentioned creating your own FieldType would be pretty good solution for your query.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.