Ngrok and Litium website

Someone who have managed to set up an external ngrok tunnel against a local Litium website?

I’ve managed to get tunnels set up against payment apps running locally but tunnels set one up against a Litium website gives an 404 not found error.

I’m running the websites on a local IIS with a …localtest.me host name on port 443. I’ve tried setting up a an other simple website in IIS with a …localtest.me host name on port 443 and that works fine. So it seems like Litium websites are blocking requests in some way.

I get the same behavior for both Litium 7 and 8. Nothing in the logs.

Anyone with a suggestion for this?

Who is trying to access you local site? you browsing the domain locally or someone else?

In this case it’s an external service talking back via a webhook. I’ve set up an api endpoint (api controller action) that should receive the webhook call. I can call it locally from Postman without problems. But when I call it thru the ngrok tunnel I get a 404 not found error.

I’ve created an other small application with an api endpoint and running it locally. Calling that thru a ngrok tunnel is no problem.

Using a ngrok tunnel would also be useful for testing the website in browsers on a different OS that you’re developing on when doing front end coding.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.